WeChat for PC: Technology changes everything around us and makes our work a lot easier. Gone are the days when people used to send letters or use telephones to contact people, with the invention of smartphones; you can contact anyone anytime anywhere with just a tap on your phone and that too free of cost.
Daily there are some or the other updates that brings innovation to these features and makes the app compelling. All you need is a smartphone and good internet connection. There are certain other apps too for movies, books, gaming, education, etc. But today I am going to throw some light on the popular messaging app called ‘Wechat’.
Click here: Play View for PC
What is WeChat?
Is a mobile text and voice messaging communication service developed by Tencent in China, first released in January 2011. It is one of the largest standalone messaging apps by monthly active users.
It is available on Windows phone, blackberry, android, IOS and symbian phones. In Asia Wechat is a huge alternative to Whatsapp, emerging as one of the fastest growing apps. As of today, Wechat has crossed over a billion accounts – 700 million active users and more than 70 million outside China that too in a very short period of time.
With the use of Wechat App you can send messages, hold-to-talk voice messaging, video conferencing, video messages, sharing of pictures, audio, video and location. Photographs can be transformed with filters available and can also put captions.
To stand different from other apps you definitely need to bring out something new like Wechat launched Enterprise in April 2016 for work purposes, business and companies. This app helps to keep the record of expenses, annual leaves, etc
Apart from that Wechat doesn’t bring something very new, but what it is does is it clubs the features from various other apps. This is exceptional as all you want is in a single app. The app is free of cost and easy to download, it also has feature that allows users to make new friends via “Drift Bottle,” “Shake”, and “Look Around.”
Running from mainland China, it is great that Wechat for PC has a wide user base, despite the regulations and censorships that Chinese Government puts on software companies.
The app is quite similar to that of Whatsapp, but Wechat has web calling, QR code based profiles, amazing emoticons and stickers. Apart from features, user interface and looks the marketing department has done a commendable job by getting some of the popular celebrities in each country, their advertisements boosted Wechat in the market where Whatsapp has a huge market share.
Wechat is a great pick with such amazing features all in one app. Let us look at some of the features of Wechat in brief.
Don’t Miss: Download WhatsApp for Laptop
Download WeChat for PC/Laptop | WeChat for Windows 7,8.1,10
- You need to get an Android Emulator for this, so go to the web browser and search Bluestacks, if you already have it then great.
- Otherwise, download it from the authentic link available, so that your device does not catch viruses.
- It will take few minutes to download, after it is downloaded find the setup file on the computer.
- Now, double click the executable file and agree to all the terms and conditions that it asks for.
- Bluestacks will get installed and capture your PC’s resources automatically, making things easier for you.
- After installation you can search ‘Wechat for Laptop’ on the Google Play Store using Bluestacks.
- Find the app and click it and keep it for download, it will take some time.
- Then setup your account on Wechat, also there is tutorial available which will help you to understand the usage of app. Enjoy the multi features in a single app.
Features of WeChat for PC
- Instant messaging- Wechat supports various ways to connect people like text message, voice message, walkie talkie and stickers. Users can send previously saved or live pictures and videos, name cards of other users, coupons, lucky money packages, or current GPS location with friends either individually or in a group chat.
- Official Accounts- users have to register as official account for Wechat, this allows the company to sends feeds, updates and interact with users.Official accounts of organizations can apply for verified, official, public accounts. These can also b used for visa renewal, credit card services, etc.
- Wechat Payment- it is a new feature that allows the user peer-to-peer money transfer or online bill payments also users can tip for their favourite posts.
- Easy signup- just enter your mobile number, you will receive text with verification code, insert that. Then edit your profile with your details and profile picture and add your mobile contacts.
- Moments- you can share the pictures you want in the Moments page and make it memorable with your friends. The Moments can be also linked to Facebook and Twitter account, which can automatically post Moments content directly to these two platforms.
- City Services- this is quite innovative feature that allows users to book doctor appointments, paying bills, booking transportation, etc.
- Privacy options- you can hide yourself on Wechat for Windows, by this nobody will be able to find you by your phone number or Wechat ID.
- Security features- before you add contacts, Wechat notifies you that all the data will be encrypted and will never be stored on its servers. You can login with passcode or a voiceprint this is amazing and secured way.
- Shake- if you want to make some new friends, then this is a great feature for you. Shake your phone and see users, who are shaking their phones too at the same moment and you, can send messages to these users. Just be careful and not share your persona info too much.
- Look Around-Select “Look Around” under the “Social” tab to see who are nearby, and send your greetings by simply one click.
- Drift bottle- ‘you can throw a bottle’ in ‘the sea’ and someone from the world will pick it and you can decide to be friends with the owner or not.